Stanley Black and Decker Global Sourcing Manager/Sr Analyst, IT VMO in New Britain, Connecticut
About the Team: The Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) team is our strategic sourcing organization focused on leveraging the company’s scale to achieve the best possible price with the best possible quality, service and delivery among all categories of spend. In addition, the team maintains close alignment with the businesses to support overall strategies, and drives to a best-in-class sourcing organization using Stanley Fulfillment System principles.
About the Job: Stanley Black & Decker Global Supply Management (GSM) has an opportunity for a Global Sourcing Manager or Sr Analyst for IT Vendor Management, located in New Britain, CT. This position will be responsible for partnering with the Global IT VMO (Vendor Management Office) to drive strategic sourcing and supply management for Global IT spend. This position will also be responsible to drive productivity for the IT spend category.
* Job Duties:*
- Deliver year over year productivity, ROCE (Return on Capital Employed) and working capital improvement goals
- Drive supplier consolidation and supplier risk management objectives
- Utilize project management and transformational lean improvement methodology to drive ongoing process improvements
- Conduct high level business reviews with strategic vendors
- Negotiate, implement, and manage along with IT VMO supplier contracts and service level agreements as well as supplier relationships on behalf of the company with year-over-year (YOY) productivity expectations
- Monitor vendor performance against measured goals via contract management
- Ensure compliance with performance clauses, including penalties and incentives
- Partner with Global IT VMO, and Legal to execute new contracts, amendments and renewals as IT business needs dictate
- Establish common goals between IT stakeholders and vendors, and drive communication between all parties
- Strengthen and grow relationships between vendors and IT stakeholders to ensure issues and business objectives are met in a timely fashion
- Lead matrix teams across multiple businesses
- Prepare RFIs, RFPs and RFQs and evaluate supplier proposals
Be an integral part and a stakeholder for the IT transformation initiative Education & Experience:
Bachelor's degree required, Master’s degree preferred
- IT vendor management (VMO) experience preferred
- Information technology experience preferred
- Project management experience preferred
Minimum 2 years of sourcing experience in the area of IT spend Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Demonstrated knowledge of IT sourcing, contract development, and contract administration
- Demonstrated vendor Management skills
- Excellent organization and analytical skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Detail Oriented
- Results driven with proven record of driving and tracking project teams from concept to full implementation in a process-based, data driven organization
- Versatility and flexibility to respond and adapt quickly and effectively to multiple changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to communicate at various levels within the organization and with external parties
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to think strategically Why Stanley Black & Decker?
Stanley Black & Decker employees are given the opportunity to:
- Work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent - Stanley is committed to hiring and developing great people who have a passion for excellence and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Utilize cutting-edge technology and processes - creating the next generation of products and services that will impact the world for generations to come.
- Foster growth and professional development capabilities - Because we are a large, global organization with many disciplines and locations, you'll have the opportunity to explore different roles. Plus, our continued growth constantly creates new advancement opportunities.
- Be recognized & rewarded - We value our employees, recognize their talent, encourage their growth and reward contributions. At Stanley Black & Decker, we welcome talented and competitive people, and reward them with outstanding career development, personal growth and leadership opportunities. Join the winning team at a company whose reputation speaks for it. Stanley Black & Decker provides their employees with a great work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits plan that includes medical, dental, life, disability, 401k, ESPP, vacation, paid holidays, and more! Only those candidates who are currently eligible to work in the US will be considered for the opportunity.
Stanley Black & Decker is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
Requisition Number: 53099BR
City: New Britain
Business: US - Global GSM