Summit Technologies, Inc. Sr. Project Manager in Hartford, Connecticut
Description: Summit Technologies, Inc. has an available position for a Senior Project Manager. This position is located in Hartford, CT and requires lots of travel.
TThe Senior Project Manager is responsible for the leadership of application development based projects in a highly visible and fast paced environment. Projects are typically client implemented and span in degree, size and complexity. The Sr. Project Manager will work with a variety of clients, including tier one nationally recognized carriers. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with a large matrixed team of resources across the enterprise. The Senior Project Manager will utilize their expertise of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) to provide direction to the project team. Travel is required and may be up to 35%.
- Manage all phases of the project per the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Deliver assigned projects on a schedule aligned with the critical needs of the business.
- Work proficiently in all aspects of the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
- Construct the Work Breakdown Structure for a project; demonstrate proficiency in using Project Management software tools (MS Project).
- Maintain ownership of and accountability for the project schedule.
- Provide status reports to executive management.
- Negotiate with first-line Resource Managers as well as effectively communicate with Product Engineering and the Sales department.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to peers on Project Management best practices.
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement to existing processes and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Project Management (or a related field) required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Graduate-level degree, such as MBA is preferred.
- PMP certification desired, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies (SDLC, Waterfall, Iterative, Agile).
- Implementation and maintenance of large-scale integrated web-based systems (i.e. Web Based, Client/Server, Integration).
- In-depth understanding of software engineering and application development, software lifecycle.
- Working knowledge of property and casualty insurance including specific experience in either personal or commercial insurance.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Leadership qualities to guide the project to achieve objectives.
- Proficient in MS Project, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio.
Note: If you are a good match and wish to apply, please select "Apply Now" or forward the following information to email@example.com and list the job number 5335 in the email subject line:
When applying, we need the following:
1) Latest resume with dates of employment included 2) Compensation requirements (salary or hourly) 3) Availability to interview (i.e. Friday before 11 AM EST) 4) Best way to get in touch with you (email address and mobile phone number) 5) Reason you are seeking new employment 6) Professional references
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Summit is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions that require U.S. citizenship or clearances are due to specific requirements of the U.S. government and non-negotiable.
Job Title: Sr. Project Manager
Location: Hartford, CT - Onsite Position, Travel Required
Work Status: Must be able to work without sponsorship Positions that require U.S. citizenship or clearances are due to specific requirements of the U.S. government.
Shift: Standard Business Hours