UBS Financial Services Fund Accountant in Hartford, Connecticut
Are you a problem solver? Do you love to manage projects? We're looking for someone like that to:
• Perform the accounting and reporting for complex real estate investments or portfolios. Ensure reporting within established timeframes and compliance with established UBS Realty policies and procedures.
• Provide technical accounting guidance and training to third-party property management firms.
• Evaluate U.S. GAAP, fair value accounting practices, and tax accounting requirements to determine impact of new technical literature or applicability of existing literature to all accounting and reporting.
• Lead efforts to prepare and review portfolio quarterly and annual financial statements to ensure completeness, accuracy and appropriate disclosure. Liaise with independent auditors. Handle ad hoc reporting requests.
• Provide operational and analytical support for business partners including acquisitions, asset and portfolio management.
• Lead operational audits of third-party property management firms. Evaluate internal controls and report findings, including recommendations for improvements.
• Participate in, and drive as necessary, growth and efficiency initiatives. Represent the accounting function and provide advice and assistance for new product development.
What we offer:
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step:
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements:
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
You'll be working in the portfolio Accounting and Reporting team based in Hartford, CT.
Your experience and skills:
• a university degree with emphasis on real estate, accounting or finance plus public accounting (audit) experience or experience in a finance function.
• the proven ability to handle multiple projects and manage conflicting priorities, including efficient utilization of technology
• demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results
• flexibility to travel occasionally
• a great communicator
• analytical and logical and pay attention to detail
• a self-starter, with team leadership skills
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Job Reference #: 163849BR
Business Divisions: Asset Management
Title: Fund Accountant
Job Type: Full Time
Country / State: United States - Connecticut
Function Category: Finance, Operations