Greater New York Hospital Association Director, Supply Chain in Hartford, Connecticut
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, the Director, Supply Chain will lead ACURTIY's Non Rx, GPO supply chain effort, working collaboratively with assigned member organizations. With member input the Director will effectively deliver our program and services by developing plans and strategies that consider and utilize all available resources and tools. Duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Act as the day to day lead contact for hospital members who participate in the ACURITY/Premier Group Purchasing program.
- Work with member supply chain executives and other member stakeholders and decision makers (i.e. facilities, environmental, IT, etc) through regular activities at each hospital to bring about lower costs and improve cost/quality outcomes.
- Strategically link member goals, issues, and challenges and can independently lead discussions with members, at all levels of the organization, to recommend and apply resources to assure member success.
- Demonstrates leadership in Supply Chain Performance Improvement, consulting and providing recommendations and leads and directs our internal analytics and use of tools and resources.
- Applies knowledge of hospital operations and data sets and develops specific courses of action for each member opportunity.
- Develops detailed member plans (called Supply Chain Improvement Plans - SCIP) that summarize and measure mutually agreed upon annual goals. The SCIP details where GNYHA and member will focus combined efforts and resources to achieve a measurable improvement.
- Develop short and long term strategies by both service line (i.e. OR, Cardiology, Purchase Services, IT, etc) as well as at the contract level.
- Prioritizes work lists, balances priorities, meeting schedules and analytics.
- Provides member contract management support to assure continued contract coverage, price continuity, rebate management, revenue reconciliation, etc. Includes contract planning and support of Value Analysis processes.
- Earns members trust by providing support, guidance on supply chain issues – demonstrates value to member which allows the Director to be integrated into the member “supply chain team” and related activities (member of committees, defined role to support member i.e. Capital Program, etc).
- Updates Acurity customer relationship management system (i.e. SLX, key meeting notes, opportunities, etc).
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 7+ years’ experience in healthcare supply chain management, preferably in an operational, clinical, consultative context.
- Proven track record of results and growth, excellent judgment and the ability to work independently and successfully deliver expected results and manage projects and change.
- AHRMM CMRP and Lean Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Excellent problem-identification and problem solving skills, strategic thinker, highly organized, project management focused and goal oriented.
- Possesses advanced data, process management and analytic/interpretation skills.
- Ability to be a team player with internal and external teams at all levels of the organizations. Is consultative and understands problems, breaking them down into components with the ability to develop creative solutions and strategies.
- Possess a strong understanding of health care supply chain processes and systems, industry standards, policies, supply chain best practices, project management as well competency using analytics and contracting tools, services and contracts.
- Has the ability to identify business process deficiencies, and work with members to develop courses of action to effect operational performance improvement.
Location: Hartford, CT Area
Internal Job Code: ACU112
# of Openings: 1