Cigna Strategic Sourcing Manager in Bloomfield, Connecticut
The role is responsible for leading the delivery of the ExternalEntity Management (EEM) (or Supplier Management) function for the Pharmacyorganization.
This is a leadership role which is responsible for settingnegotiation strategies for the most complex or strategically important supplierrelationships to secure terms that are in the organization's best interest.This individual will be responsible for the execution of Cigna's EEM program ofbest practices, processes and methods for the Pharmacy suppliers, supportingbothdirect and indirect supply chains.
He/she will also lead Portfolio Planning and development of keysupplier strategies and third party risk management for Pharmacy. Thisindividual will ensure that sourcing activities and contracts with suppliersare consistent with Supply Chain Management policies and procedures as well ascorporate objectives.
This ideal candidate will have a proven track record of leadershipand initiative with a focus on organization and execution in a rapidly changingenvironment.Strong business acumen withunderstanding of Cigna's strategic direction relative to Pharmacy andHealthcare are extremely important.
This role requires the ability to work in a highly matrixed,cross-organizational manner with internal customers as well as externalsuppliers.Strong change managementskills are a key element to the position as the business needs adjust to marketchanges and priorities can shift quickly.
* Responsibilities: *
- Manage and support the team performing all external entity management functions for the Pharmacy portfolio of suppliers.
- Develop, partner and execute on complex supplier negotiation strategies
- Understand Pharmacy business strategies and align supplier forecasts and planning to meet business demands
- Manage a team of supplier managers effectively to deliver defined results
- Establish the Portfolio strategy for Pharmacy
- Support department initiatives relative to Third Party Risk
- Initiate and drive the sourcing and external entity management processes across the organization, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Proactively identify (through analysis and business unit partnerships), develop and execute on sourcing opportunities that drive cost savings, cost avoidance, risk reduction, enhanced business outcomes and improved service meeting current and future business and category needs.
- Work with cross-functional teams to understand Pharmacy needs and evaluate best in class suppliers.
- Coordinate the work of the Sourcing and External Entity Management staff to create and manage mutually beneficial long term partnerships with suppliers, fostering feedback and continuous improvement opportunities while driving to consolidate the existing supplier base.Optimize supplier performance including supplier continuous improvement, innovation, obsolescence and total cost of ownership reduction.
- Support, analyze and report on assigned suppliers’ cost, quality and delivery performance.
- Develop a strong understanding and forecast of key cost drivers and market factors in assigned categories through continuous research and monitoring.
- Support continuous improvement in all aspects of the sourcing and procurement process.
- Maintain and promote professional, sound business relationships with suppliers, stakeholders and the business community.
Expected Results /Outcomes:
- Support, execute and implement category external entity management and sourcing initiatives and be accountable for the outcomes.
- Draft and manage clearly written, well executed Contracts, Service Level Agreements, Change Orders and Statements of Work that optimize value and mitigate risk to CIGNA.
- Drive total cost of ownership reductions and business improvements through professional supplier relationships.
- Establish role as a valued business advisor to business units.
- Manage individual performance and the team’s overall execution to meet and exceed management objects and business standards.
- BA / BS in Business, Supply Chain, IT, Healthcare or related field strongly.
- Pharmacy and Account Management Experience are a plus
- “C” Level negotiations, relationship, and presentation skills
- Strong communication, facilitation, interpersonal and leadership skills with a proven ability to lead, influence and motivate others.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and a firm grasp of the strategic implications of key industry trends and developments.
- People Management skills, as evidenced by at least 3 years’ experience in a management capacity
- A highly flexible and collaborative working style with a strong commitment to teamwork
- Ability to work well in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Cross-functional business team environment experience preferred with an ability to foster working relationships with the team and across internal departments.
Primary Location: Bloomfield-Connecticut
Job: Admin/Gen Mgt--Corp Services
Employee Status: Manager of People
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 9:39:03 AM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.