Cigna Senior Meeting Lead, Corporate Events in Bloomfield, Connecticut
The Senior Meeting Lead has responsibility and accountability for the design, coordination, planning and execution of specific meetings, events and conferences on behalf of Sales Effectiveness, with particular emphasis on project management of the company’s annual sales incentive conference. The individual will be responsible for working with colleagues, sales leaders, senior/executive management, matrix partners and others to create and deliver exceptional events that meet or exceed business objectives and create unique opportunities to further the work of the sales organization and Cigna.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Originate, project manage and facilitate the development, planning and execution for assigned programs and events, ranging from small executive meetings to the company’s high-profile annual sales incentive conference for 650 participants. Scope of work includes project management (coordination with Cigna Meeting Services and other matrix partners and external vendors), participation on/leadership of planning teams, executive/senior leader communications and budget oversight.
- Interact and partner with Sales Effectiveness leadership, sales leaders and senior management to drive the development of meeting content and activities to assure program focus meets business objectives.
- Work with Cigna Meeting Services, Creative Services, Marketing, Corporate Communications and other business units as necessary to create and produce effective program deliverables.
- Develop, communicate, monitor and closely manage program budgets to assure best use and application of allocated budgets
- Assist in the ongoing development and implementation of standard operating procedures, best practices and other tools and systems to enhance the work of the Business Events Management team and the broader Sales Effectiveness organization, including identifying opportunities for innovation and enhanced use of technology.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in all facets of corporate event planning. Previous experience managing corporate recognition conferences a plus.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of events industry best practices and trends, innovative content delivery methods, event production/technology, destinations/hotel operations, online registration systems, adult-learning concepts and related skills necessary for the successful planning and delivery of events
- Deep understanding and comfort level developing and managing program budgets
- Health care industry experience a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and experienced influencer, with executive presentation skills
- Works independently as well as part of planning teams, possesses strong project management capabilities and uses critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Must be flexible and able to prioritize projects in a fast paced environment to meet deadlines.
- Team player with proven ability to develop strong working relationships within a matrix organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or commensurate experience
- Ability to travel, including occasional nights and weekends (10-20 percent)
Primary Location: Bloomfield-Connecticut
Work Locations: 900 Cottage Grove Road Wilde Bloomfield 06152
Job: Sales-Sales Supp & Client Svcs
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2018, 9:44:44 AM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.