Cigna IT Audit Sr Specialist in Bloomfield, Connecticut
Ideal candidate must be able to serve as project leader on audits or play a lead role in completing complex components of large-scale engagements.
The candidate will also support the IT Audit Manager in definition of audit scope, creation of audit programs, creation of audit reports and follow-up on issue resolutions.
Candidate must be able to outline task schedules, which comply with general audit program guidelines, and ensure that correct procedures are followed, documented and prepared in accordance with standards. Candidate must be skilled in identifying internal control issues and make recommendations. Working with systems development project teams to ensure projects are implemented successfully is also a requirement.
- Leads assigned portions of assurance and risk advisory projects related to Cigna's global business units
- Support the creation of risk-based audit programs
- Perform complex financial and/or operational audits utilizing independent judgment and discretion
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
- Verbally communicate findings to senior management and draft comprehensive and complete report of audited area
- Responsible for oversight of scheduling and monitoring prioritization of specialist/staff assignments
- Work within both an office-based and virtual team-based collaborative environment
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and multi-task
- Ability to follow direction, but execute independently
- Ability to lead staff while also managing upwards to ensure objectives of engagement are met
- Strong analytical, written/verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship building skills
- Understanding of the information technology environment (e.g., difference between operating system and application layers) including a basic understanding of automated business process controls (i.e., application controls)
- Understanding of project management, control procedures, and audit techniques
- Ability to travel as needed including internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS/IT, Accounting, Finance or related field strongly preferred
- 3 to 5 years business/industry experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (formulas and VBA) or other analytics tools (e.g., SAS, Tableau, SQL) desirable
- CISA, CPA, CIA or MBA, or the willingness to obtain a certification, is desirable
- Excel VBA, ACL or SAS knowledge a plus
Primary Location: Nashville-Tennessee
Other Locations: United States-Connecticut-Bloomfield, United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Work Locations: 530 Great Circle Road Nashville 37228
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Type: Full-time
Job Level: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting: Apr 16, 2018, 10:29:12 AM
Cigna is an equal opportunity employer, which means we offer equal treatment to all applicants. Cigna does not discriminate, either directly or indirectly, on the grounds of race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, nationality, national origin, ethnic origin, religion, beliefs or creed, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or genetic information in any area of recruitment. In some countries we ask for information on the ethnic origin, gender and disability of our applicants for the purpose of monitoring equal opportunity. If you have a disability and would like to indicate as part of your application any relevant effects of your disability and any adjustment which you consider should reasonably be made to the process to assist your application, please do so in the relevant field during the application process.